Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And then the baby exploded!

So here I am! Things are going really well for us this past week. Eliana is growing really well, and has already gotten back to her birthweight! Yay! She's such an overacheiver. My labor was amazingly good. They started the pitocin drip at 10 am, and I asked when they did it how long they expected me to be in labor. The answer? Ten to twelve hours. When was the baby born? 3:37 pm. They also told me to expect 2 hours of pushing, but it only took half an hour. So I think that she has decided that once she is going to do something, she's going to do it well(s). I didn't have to have an episiotomy, which is good, because I REALLY didn't want one. I just had two tiny little vaginal tears, and the doctor debated as to whether or not to even put stitches in. He did, but only one stitch in each. His comment when I was done? "You were made for having babies". Go me! Not that we're planning another one anytime soon. Or at least, not quite yet. Maybe in another year or so we'll start trying.

Alrighty, funny story time!

Brian has managed to have the baby pee on him two or three times now when going to change her diaper, and he's the only one that she does it to. It makes me laugh kinda a lot. So anyway, yesterday morning I was getting ready to feed the baby, and I asked him to change her diaper for me before he left for school. So he sets her down, gets ready to change her, and as soon as he opens her diaper, she lets it rip with the number two! Apparently she just really loves her daddy! Needless to say, she pretty much got it everywhere, and it became the cause for her first bath! We haven't downloaded the pictures yet, but rest assured, we will. She didn't like having the washcloth on her body so much, but she liked having her hair washed! So cute! She's also getting to the point that she stays awake for a couple of hours a day, and it's been really nice, because she does her active time during the day and sleeps really well at night. Brian and I only had to get up once with her last night! Yaya for sleep!

Anyway, I have about a zillion things of homework to do, so I need to get going, but there is a brief update on what is happening in our lives! And woohoo for our upcoming Thanksgiving holiday! We get to see both of our families and we will get to bless the baby! (Edit: We've actually decided to wait until Christmas to do so and are planning on doing it in my home ward. We're pretty sure that's how it's actually going to be.) Anyway, really going now, Ta!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so nice that you are able to sleep. I am glad that your delivery went so well. I love how much hair Eliana has, she is so pretty.

Tae said...

Okay, I just decided that you are the luckiest new mama ... like ever. Your story about Brian made my laugh really hard, and Julynn looked at me weird. :) Can't wait for pictures!

MartianMom said...

Tell Brian to get used to it. Girls like to get Dad and boys like to get everyone. And I promise this will not be the last bath in her life caused by either missing the diaper or exploding out of it. That is awesome that she is sleeping though. Sleep makes everything better. Call me if you need anything.